Monday, August 06, 2007

Scott Van Pelt is Jon Favreau

This is actually a pretty old link, but I stumbled upon it courtesy of Deadspin. Scott Van Pelt, the Sportscenter anchor, apparently was either really desperate or he really wants to be Vince Vaughn's sidekick. This is a voice message he left on some girls' answering machine after a wild weekend at Dewey Beach. I will warn you, it takes a few minutes to download, but I think it's well worth it to see a semi-celebrity make a fool of himself.

And if you didn't know, Van Pelt is actually a graduate of the University of Maryland and was a member of Pike there. The message really makes sense when you think about it, seeing as he is a Pike at heart. (This statement is how I'll be able to determine if Pedro reads this blog or not) It's really funny how little confidence Van Pelt has in the message. After listening to it a few times, I think he's a mixture of Favreau in Swingers and Zach Braff in Scrubs.

No comments: