Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Back on the DC sports train

I just couldn't let myself write such a depressing post for the prospect of DC basketball and baseball and not bounce back with some DC sports positives. And luckily I stumbled upon two gems. Remember the LeBron full court shot that he did before one of the playoff games this year? Well Jason Campbell has a sweet gem of a trick right here on the link thing that I finally figured out how to make.

And then there's my favorite basketball player, Gilbert Arenas. He updated his blog and had a little something to say about shark attacks. Read this most random of randomness statement courtesy of Agent Zero:

"I know this is random, but I just want to clear this up for people out there. There are these things called shark attacks, but there is no such thing as a shark attack. I have never seen a real shark attack. I know you’re making a weird face as you’re reading this. OK people, a shark attack is not what we see on TV and what people portray it as. We’re humans. We live on land. Sharks live in water.

"So if you’re swimming in the water and a shark bites you, that’s called trespassing. That is called trespassing. That is not a shark attack. A shark attack is if you’re chilling at home, sitting on your couch, and a shark comes in and bites you; now that’s a shark attack. Now, if you’re chilling in the water, that is called invasion of space. So I have never heard of a shark attack. When I see on the news where it’s like, “There have been 10 shark attacks,” I’m like, “Hey, for real?! They’re just running around? Sharks are walking now, huh! We live on the land, we don’t live underwater.”


BTW, he played at Berry Farm (the DC equivalent to Rucker Park in SE) this past week.

No comments: