Thursday, February 01, 2007

ROJO a no go

Right off the bat I have to comment on that Iowa loss. It was definitely the lowest of the lows for this Michigan team. They definitely shouldn't have lost that game. The only good thing about it is that I probably won't talk about them anymore considering the season is officially over. Until I begin to comprehend how a team with so much talent plays so poorly, then I'll talk about it again.

I'm figuring most people heard the bad news on the football recruiting front. Ronald Johnson from Muskegon, Michigan was a huge must for the Wolverines in football. The kid was just what we needed in the secondary. And it looks like he's going to sign with Florida. Apparently his mom got in a disagreement with the high school coach who had been advocating Michigan. Johnson apparently still wants to come to Michigan because he verballed here last spring. But the disagreement between his mom and the other coach is likely going to prevent that. Johnson, who has until Feb. 4 to make a decision, was supposed to meet with all 5 head coaches who were finalists for his services. But Johnson's mom's boyfriend allegedly called the Michigan coaching staff to alert them that there was no need for Carr to come because a decision had already been made. Rumors have him going to the Gators, but he hasn't made an official announcement. This kid was legit, 4.3 speed and would have started out as a CB but had the potential to play WR as well. A huge loss on the recruiting front for Carr.


Bad day for Michigan

My mood was brightened when I visited Gilbert Arenas' blog because he had a new post. It was absolute solid gold this time. Maybe the funniest post I've read in a long time. Here's some of it:

"I’ve been practicing for the last two weeks for my three-point competition. I have to bring that trophy home. I have to.
I’ve been making bets around the team because there’s a couple guys on this team that said they’re better shooters from the college three-point line than me. One of them, Roger Mason, what he did was reasonable. He made 81 out of 100 from the college three. You know, I went and I don’t know how many I would have made out of 100. I stopped at 82 and walked out of the gym. So I won that bet, but we wasn’t betting for money (wink, wink). I blew him out. He was like a high school player compared to my shooting. I told him needs to shoot at least 10,000 more shots to compete with me. I even shot a couple one-handed. I shot the last three to win it with one hand. He was disappointed. Actually, he was really upset because I was bragging the whole time during it, and I’ve been bragging the last two weeks. When you do so much on a team, people don’t recognize it anymore. They want to see you fall. So the whole team was betting with him. I think because in practice the day before he was shooting from the three-point line 54-for-60 so everybody was like a big, “Oooooh, ahhhhhh” about it. All of them – Caron, DeShawn, Calvin – they was all with him. And they all got bar-bee-quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeedd, ye-yeah! Then there was a sidekick of his, DeShawn Stevenson. I told him that I’d shoot with one-hand from college three better than he can shoot with both hands from NBA three. He really doesn’t want to make that bet. He keeps brushing it off."


If you read this blog, why not read Gil's too

No comments: