Monday, February 19, 2007

Don't sell your soul to white people

I randomly stumbled upon the new Ludacris video featuring Mary J Blige today. It's an okay song called "Runaway Love", good chorus, decent rapping, you know, just typical Ludacris. The lyrics are basically a social commentary courtesy of the man who was born with the name Chris Bridges. And it got me thinking: how am I supposed to take this guy seriously? Here's a rapper who made his name by saying he would "lick lick lick lick you from your heads to your toes" and how he had "ho's in different area codes", as well as telling females to "move bitch get out the way". And now I'm supposed to listen to him as he describes the plight of women in society today. All of a sudden this dude thinks because he cut his cornrows, played a thug in "Crash" and won on a Grammy last week he can tell me what's wrong with society. In fact I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this guy has more sex with innocent white girls than Champ Bailey (who for those of you who don't know, pounded a tri delt last year during Super Bowl week — his limo is caught on camera).I guarantee you all of these changes in Luda are manufactured i.e some white PR guy is telling him how to make other white people like him. And by attempting to sound intelligent, he is doing just that. What I'm trying to say is that I miss the old Ludacris, the real Ludacris. I don't want to see Chris Bridges. I want the Ludacris who gave us this little truth nugget that I think we can all follow as we progress through life:

"I bang cock in Bangkok
Can't stop, I turn and hit the same spot
Think not, I'm the thrilla in Manilla,
Schlong in Hong Kong
Pimp em like vision, magic Don Juan
Man after Henny with a coke and a smile
I just pick up the muthafuckin phone and dial
I got my condoms in a big-ass-sack
I'm slaggin this dick like a New Jack, biatch"


Bring back the realness Luda

No comments: