Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Steve Nash and Friends

So I was walking down the street coming back from getting a haircut near my office in Tribeca (which is right near Ground Zero) when I got a pleasant surprise.

As I was crossing a street, Steve Nash just straight up walked right by me. It took a few seconds for me to realize it was actually him, since most NBA players I've encountered in the past are absolutely gigantically tall. Of course, I didn't muster up the courage to say anything witty, therefore eliminating any opportunity to start a conversation with the former MVP.

By the time I had walked 20 feet down the street, I realized I should have made some kind of comment about how I thought new coach Terry Porter was a bum and how his team is probably washed up in comparison to other Western Conference elites. Again, I didn't say these things.

And then I found out a couple days ago that the reason I saw Steve Nash walking around right near my office is he lives literally down the street from it. Awesome coincidence if you ask me. And now I found out that Nash is playing a charity soccer game in Chinatown, which is also right near my office.



Joining him are Thierry Henry, Jason Kidd, Claudio Reyna, and one of this blog's favorites, Baron Davis. Making all this better is that it's open to the public tomorrow at 5:30 pm. That's kind of right in the middle of the most busiest time at my work, but you're kidding yourself if you think I'm not going to try and find a way to make it out to this thing.

This has the potential for a great post if I can make it out there.

No comments: