Thursday, April 19, 2007

Basketball at its finest

Well the NBA regular season came to a close last night, and I'm sitting here in front of my computer a mere four hours away from being done with my last exam. So that means I'll have plenty of time to follow the NBA playoffs to the fullest extent of my ability. Following last night's developments I'm actually encouraged as well. Cleveland got the 2 spot and the Wizards win over the Pacers kept them locked in the 7 spot. And if there's one team I think the Wiz kids actually have a shot against right now with their depleted lineup, it is the Cavs. They've basically got LeBron. And yes I realize they beat us in a seven-game series last year when we were healthy, but let me dream atleast.

And looking at the first-round matchups, there are definitely some intriguing matchups, especially in the East. Vinsanity making his return to Toronto in a playoff series should be interesting. For it to work though, those Canadians need to show no mercy when Vince comes to the Air Canada Center. And then there's Miami-Chicago. That's just unfair because I could see either one of those teams taking the East and making the NBA Finals, yet one of them is going to be eliminated in the first round. The matchups in the West aren't bad either. That Rockets-Jazz series will go down to the wire and the Warriors are the one mediocre team in the west that could give the Mavs fits. Also, don't forget that Kobe himself took the Suns to seven games last season. And when you have two players as good as Iverson and Melo on the same team, anything can happen. SO without further adieu...my NBA playoff picks, which should be more accurate than the NHL picks:

Eastern Conference
Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic: Pistons in 5
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards: Cavs in 6
Toronto Raptors vs. New Jersey Nets: Nets in 6
Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls: Heat in 7 (Best series of the first round right here)

Western Conference
Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors: Mavs in 5
Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Suns in 6
San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets: Spurs in 5
Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz: Rockets in 6


I hope Raptors' fans treat Vince like the half-assing bum that he is.
But the Nets are my upset pick in the first round.

No comments: