Monday, October 01, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

I'm sure Battey is jumping for joy about this 13 of 14 streak by the Rockies. I mean it's just absurd that a team ran up 13 wins in 14 games when the pressure was on. Granted the Rockies were on the periphery of the race for much of the time, but still 13 of 14 to close out the year.

I definitely don't understand the Padres decision to hold Jake Peavy for the start tonight in the one-game playoff either. Why would you hold your clear cut No. 1 when you have a chance to clinch the division. And don't tell me it was out of fear for the one-game playoff. You go for the win right away, that way you could still set up your rotation so that Peavy gets two starts in the division series. Now, Peavy will go tonight and will likely to have to pitch on short rest in the division series in order to get those golden two starts in the playoffs.

That being said, I'm going with the Rockies out of sheer respect for what Matt Holliday did for my fantasy team this season. However, if I were a betting man I would not put money on Josh Fogg, no matter how well he's pitched over the last month.


I wonder if they look to the sky above Coors Field for inspiration from the awesomely amazing mullet man, former Rockie great Dante Bichette.

No comments: