Monday, October 22, 2007

Mudbowl's Coming

Let me start this post off by saying that the Daiseke Atomic bomb reference is in fact inappropriate. Now, if I were smart I would erase any memory of even writing the statement. But, here's the thing, I don't really want to take it down. It wouldn't take away what I really said, even though I didn't mean it in a vindictive way. I was just trying to go for one of those "Bill Simmons analogies that elicits a cheap laugh" thing. It probably didn't work, but oh well. If I become a famous somebody and it comes back to bite me in ass....well... so be it.

Now onto more interesting things....specifically Mudbowl.

The tournament to decide who plays us was this past weekend and for the third year in a row SAE will be taking on Beta (ughhh). Clearly, I'm not happy about it given the fact we've absolutely mauled them the past two years in the mud. The girls halftime game will be Kappa facing Tri Delt in a grudge match from last year's semifinals. But honestly, I really just want to get out there and hit someone who isn't in my fraternity.

Barbaric...probably. Awesome....absolutely.


Let's hope there's plenty of TD celebrations again.

Kickoff is slated for Noon since the Battle for the Brown Jug takes place at 330 pm on Saturday. Oh btw...I'm doing the same thing I did last year as it concerns Big Ten Basketball Media Day in Chicago. Since it starts at 9 am central time on Sunday morning, I will be drinking through the night, not falling asleep and leaving Ann Arbor at 5 or 6 in the morning. Then, I will hopefully sober up enough on the four-hour drive to talk with people at the event. For the record, I will not be driving either.

I think I got spoiled over the summer getting to go to so many cool events with big names. It's a itch I've been unable to scratch for almost three months now, so I'll definitely be posting about it. And don't think I forgot about that NBA preview stuff. I got something for you (or is it just me because I may be the only one reading this) coming out later this week.

But I leave you with this. A picture of two girls trying to injure each other in the mud. Man, I can't wait for Saturday.

No comments: