Friday, March 09, 2007

Courtside at the United Center

Well, I'm sitting directly behind the Michigan bench for the Ohio State game today. I'm definitely going to hear some stuff I never would have dreamed of hearing. As I sit here though, I started to think about what if I was sitting here during a Michigan State game. Imagine that type of stuff I'd hear coming out of Izzo's mouth. But as the game goes along I'll keep you updated on some insider information courtesy of my eavesdropping ears:

By the way, as I was walking out of the media hospitality room (man there's been some good press food so far) who do I run into but Greg Oden of Ohio State. So of course I have to talk to maybe the future No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft. Here's how the convo went down:

Me: Hey do you know how to get to the court from here?
Oden: Yeah I'm goin there now
Me: Thanks

And there you have it. My encounter with Greg Oden. Not exactly Erin Andrews exciting but still something nobody else could dream of. Speaking of Erin, she's in the house again today. I'm going to be honest, I think wherever she walks every single male just drops what they are doing and stares at her. Just a second ago she walked by and a couple Purdue fans shouted "Hey baby" to which she responded "I'm not your baby" with the slickest smile ever. She knows exactly what she's doing, and I think she knows that every male is mildly obsessed with her. I wasn't on press row yesterday, but the Daily writer who was said he overheard her saying she was going to get plastered tonight after she was done covering the Tourny. I'm definitely intrigues at seeing a drunk Erin Andrews, but will she remember me from Ohio State a few weeks ago?

Okay game is about to start, I'm predicting a Michigan loss here, but you never know what with all of the upsets that occurred last night. Speaking of which, Wednesday was just an absurd day of college basketball. And today could be even better. Gotta love Championship Week.


I won't lie, it's a pretty sweet arena
The Jordan statue is legit and the
food is great

No comments: