Tuesday, August 05, 2008

More on Gilbert's pool

I didn't want to post again today, but it's slow at the Sun. I stumbled on this quote to add onto Gilbert's ridiculous sounding pool in the DC suburbs. Apparently Gilbert will also have a couple shark tanks.

"My basement used to be my weight room but I'm converting it to a shark tank. I cut a whole wall out down there and replaced it with a 10,000 gallon shark tank. That's going to be my aggressive tank, only filled with bullhead sharks. If anybody knows what a bullhead shark is, it's the No. 1 killing shark in America.

It can go in salt water and it can go in fresh water. I'm going to have a salt water tank so I can have my eels and my stingrays too. I'm going to have three bullheads in there. I originally wanted six, but the guy who has to clean it once a week said that he's not going to get in the tank with six of them, he'll get in with three. Once they get big enough, I'll have to get rid of them. The guy who cleans the tank actually goes and catches the sharks himself, because you know, these sharks you can't just go buy, they're illegal. Ever since Jaws there's been something about fish and sharks that I've always liked.

Also when I saw Cribs and Ice T had a shark tank in the back of his place, I was like, "Oh man! That's what it is!! I've been trying to plan this shark tank for the last seven years of my career I've been talked out of it by my mentor, Otis Smith. He first talked me out of it when I was a rookie and I was going to spend my whole paycheck on a fish tank. I was like "Man, I want a fish tank, that's all I want to leave with, if I don't get another dime I can know I got a fish tank, and Otis shut that down."



I don't think Gilbert has ever seen Deep Blue Sea because he wouldn't be getting a shark tank if he did.

No comments: