Friday, May 11, 2007

We Forgot About Someone

It's going to pain me to write this but...I was thoroughly impressed with the Detroit Pistons last night. Not only did they come back from a 19-point deficit against the Chicago Bulls, they also propelled themselves atop my list of Eastern Conference team that will make the NBA Finals. It's funny how everyone kind of pushed the Pistons under a rug this season after their historic start last year. This season most analysts acknowledged how good they were, but kind of shrugged them off for more interesting teams. Well, the Stones are letting it be known loud and clear that they are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. I really thought the Bulls were going to give them a run for their money in this series, but maybe the Heat were really that bad and the Bulls really weren't that good. That's about the only way I can explain it.

I seriously hadn't seen a team with basketball players over the age of 12 go that cold for such an extended part of the game. It was almost depressing watching the last five or so minutes of the fourth quarter because it wasn't as if the Pistons were really pulling away. It was really the Bulls just fading away into oblivion. Let's be honest with ourselves, coming back from 3-0 in an NBA series is nearly impossible (and in fact has never been done). And I can already hear the catcalls from the peanut gallery: But what about LeBron and the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals? Well unless LeBron takes his game to a level we didn't know he's capable of yet, then I just don't see the Pistons losing that series. The bottom line is that they simply have more quality players than the Cavs.


Access Denied Big Ben

Some Other Ramblings
-It's a must win in Oakland tonight for Golden State. They absolutely gave away game two the other night. I definitely didn't see a Utah Jazz conference finals appearance in my dreams before the playoffs.

-I want to be at the pregame ceremony where Dirk Nowitzki accepts his MVP trophy. It will be awesome comedy as David Stern hands over the award in front of a hostile crowd. You know there's no chance in hell Stern is going to have a smile on his face.

-I give the Tigers a lot of shit...mostly because Krauss likes them, but have you looked at their record lately? Sheff has been crap most of the season, and the bullpen has taken a step back and yet still, the Tigers sit at 21-12 atop the AL Central. I don't know if my pride can take having to sit through another pennant race in the Metro Detroit era.

-Word just broke the Ricky Williams tested positive for cheeba again. I got a feeling playing professional football will be out of the question now that Roger Goodell has a hard-on about player conduct. But take solace in this Ricky...we've got a running back opening on the Mudbowl team and there are no drug tests involved to play.


Hey, even the best of men give in to the ganj.

No comments: