Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dejesus down the stretch

So I realize I haven't actually been keeping track of our 2nd favorite God-related athlete (Jason Campbell of course being number one), but I mean c'mon the Royals suck and now that it's playoff time they are rarely on television.

My question from the get go was...WWDD 2007, or What would DeJesus do in 2007? The answer now that we are a week away from the conclusion of said 2007 season is bat around.270 with 10 homers and 80 RBIs. That's not bad, but it sure as hell wasn't the breakout season I predicted way back in April. I'm not really even sure if anyone knows who DeJesus is outside of the 5,000 fans that show up top their home games and the 10-15 people who read this thing on a consistent basis.


Sorry DeJesus...the dream is over. Hopefully the Gods won't wreak havoc on my soul because of all this.

So as I looked over DeJesus's stats, I wondered to myself...What would David DeJesus do if the player that this blog picked to be its new favorite player underachieved. And being the omnipotent person that DeJesus is, he gave me the answer in a dream. I need to pick a new favorite player to keep track of. And the new player was oh so easy to figure out.

Drumroll please...

This is a no brainer...it's Travis Henry of the Denver Broncos. And if you've been following the news a little...NFL wise atleast...you'll realize the reason for the no brainer selection is obvious. It was reported a few weeks back that T-Money has fathered nine children with nine different women. He has so many children that a judge is making him set aside $250,000 a year in child support payments. See when you are a sketchy dude who fathers nine children with nine women a judge won't trust you to pay shit even if you signed a $22.5 million dollar contract this past offseason.

Mind you the guy is 28...and has nine kids. Dude has a $100,000 car and over $140,000 in jewelry to his name. I'm just so conflicted about this whole situation though. If I ever saw the guy in the street I wouldn't know whether to give him a standing ovation or run to the nearest drug store and buy a box of Trojans. Either way, he's the new blog favorite.


Rumor has it that when the news came out that Travis (above) had 9 with 9, Shawn Kemp went right to work trying to get another four so he can get back his title of the Greatest Conceiver of Illegimite Children Ever.

No comments: