Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year, New Heights

Alright, I'm back from my Holiday break and ready to take this blog where no other blog has gone before. Well, actually more like where this blog hasn't gone before because there are just too many others out there that have eerily similar sarcastic commentary.

My batteries are re-charged after a couple weeks off and I've got that excitement back. Hopefully the renewed energy will show in the coming weeks and months. I'm in the process of watching Joe Flacco throw the whole "Never bet on a rookie quarterback on the road in the playoffs" theory out the window, so this post is going to be short and sweet. As I'm watching this thing, I can't help but notice the announcers giving credit to guys like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Terrell Suggs But I just can't seem to take my eyes off of Haloti Ngata, the Ravens gigantically nimble defensive tackle.

After a Wikipedia search, it came to my attention that Haloti is of Tongan descent, meaning he's from some random South Pacific island. Another player of South Pacific descent (or actually I guess he's Hawaiian, so more like middle Pacific) is USC's Rey Maualuga. I'm fairly certain he's going to be in the NFL next year. Well, not only did he help his USC team go out with a bang against Penn State in the Rose Bowl, he also went out literally with a bang (sort of).

Watch this video of Rey and my girl Erin Andrews from New Year's Day. Let's just say, I wish I had his bravado.

No comments: