Friday, October 24, 2008

Best Part of the World Series

Had a long day of horribleness yesterday, as I embarked on what I like to call the trifecta of terrible high school sports. It all began at 3 pm with a district cross country race. Then I moved onto a combination of "field hockey, girl's soccer, and girl's volleyball" that were all occurring at the same time on one school's campus. And I wrapped things up with another field hockey game. I got back home at around 930 pm.

I wasn't exactly in high spirits after going through an entire day of watching sports while questioning what the hell I'm doing with my life. And to my pleasant surprise I learned this about B.J. Upton and it brightened my day:

Upton, whose given name is name is Melvin Emmanuel, usually responds to the nickname "B.J." ("Bossman Junior;" his father, Manny Upton, is the original "Bossman.")


That is one of the coolest things ever. Seriously Bossman and Bossman Junior. I kind of feel bad for brother Justin, who plays for the Diamondbacks. Why the hell has he been excluded from the Bossman legacy. There's got to be room for a Big Bossman somewhere within the Upton family.


I guess this makes him the Original Big Bossman

No comments: