Sunday, September 03, 2006

Welcome Week '06

Clearly I realize that it has been way too long since I've blogged...but I have a legitimate excuse. Those deuchebag alumni don't actually have the internet working here at SAE quite yet. Luckily, I'm stealing some wireless from some random GDIs nearby. I don't know if I'm being stereotypical or not but the wireless name is tsunami so I'm thinking I'm stealing from some Asians. Onto welcome week.

As expected, it has been pretty wild. I mean, what can you expect from a college student who is given a week and a half with nothing to do but get wasted. But it's just good to be back in the college atmosphere, especially during welcome week when even the most nerdy of GDIs go out almost every night. Myself and Peter's room has come along nicely. But, I think the higlight of this gloriousness was the pregame for football. It was the first time since I had been at Michigan that we did it at SAE, rather than at a senior house. And I must say, that it was something to behold. Beer pong tables littered throughout the Mudbowl, girls, beer, liquor, three story beer bong...the list could keep going. Today, I was at a Buddhist Temple's yard sale (which surprisingly had nothing remotely Buddhist for sale) and picked up a cheap slip n slide for next week. Next week is a special pregame, because it will be the last pregame where I will be able to think about Michigan having a shot at the national title. Those dreams will end come week 3 when we travel to South Bend. Tonight brings a rager of epic proportions, as my junior year welcome week comes to a close.

Why can't every week be welcome week?

No comments: