We're reaching the dog days of summer now, but not everything is that bad. Football is starting to get back into swing with training camps starting to open, and ESPN squeezing in a bunch of football related features to keep us watching. I figured I would leave you with some of my early thoughts on the upcoming NFL season.
1. The Redskins could very easily be as good as 12-4 or 13-3. BUT I could also very easily see them going 7-9, 8-8. The potential is there, it's just a matter of putting it together.
2. The Dolphins are overrated. They will be a wild card team at best.
3. The Steelers will come back down to Earth.
4. Colts should have won it last year and now I think their time as an elite team will slowly wind down.
5. I was not too pleased to see those Donovan McNabb interviews where his face looked real slim. It looks like this whole T.O debacle has motivated him into getting into better shape. IN the past couple years his mobility just wasn't the same as compared to his younger years.
6. NFC PLayoff teams- NFC East winner: Redskins, NFC North winner: Bears NFC South: Falcons NFC West: Seahawks, Wild Cards: Giants, Panthers
7. AFC Playoff Teams- AFC East winner: Patriots, AFC North: Bengals, AFC South winner: Colts, AFC West winner: Chiefs, Wild Cards: Chargers, Jaguars