Friday, December 29, 2006

Sitcom Awesomeness

I've been home for winter break for about a week now, and there really hasn't been much to do. I've been keeping myself occupied with lot of King of the Hill. See, Battey got seasons four and five from his brother for Christmas, and naturally, I wanted to watch. There is a certain appreciation that one gets with King of the Hill. It's like a fine wine -- it gets better with age. When I was younger, King of the Hill was simply just a filler in the Fox Sunday night lineup between The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle. But now I find it hilarious how realistic the protrayal of Texas is in the show. It is a show that has been on for over 10 years now, and has remained funny. It doesn't have a huge audience, but it is a niche audience -- a core fan base.

And speaking of sitcoms, I have definitely gotten into them big time recently. For some reason, in the past month I've been watching a shitload of reruns and current shows. I don't know what it is, but I've rekindled my love for them. I am definitely hooked on these following shows (atleast for the time being):

1. Scrubs

2. King of the Hill

3. 30 Rock

4. South Park

5. Entourage

Honorable Mentions: Still Standing, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Home Improvement, Spin City

No comments: